As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, Fort Pierce Utilities Authority (FPUA) is closely following our Pandemic Response Plan, as well as requirements set forth by National, State, and local government agencies. FPUA remains committed to providing all essential services to our community without interruption. We are continuing to suspend all service disconnections for non-payment until further notice, however, we urge all customers to continue to make regular payments to the best of their ability.
Customers making utility payments can do so at the Kiosk or the payment Drop Box located on the west side of the building at 206 South 6th Street. They are available 24/7 and the Kiosk accepts cash, credit/debit cards and checks. The drive-thru is also available, but lines can be long in the early hours. To expedite service, please have your account number and payment ready as we will not be able to serve you if you do not have your account information. The drive-thru is located at 206 South 6th Street and is open Monday through Friday, 8 am-5 pm. We encourage you to view the many online payment options available at www.fpua.com. Anyone who anticipates difficulty paying their utility bill due to this pandemic should reach out to us to work out payment options. The Call Center can be reached at 772-466-1600 ext.3900 and is available Monday through Friday, 9 am-5 pm.
If you have been impacted by illness or job loss related to the pandemic, please call 211 to inquire if there are organizations in our area that may have funds available to assist eligible residents.
As FPUA does its part to help control the spread of the Coronavirus, we are in the process of answering your calls remotely. Thank you for your patience as we continue to streamline the process. Our representatives are equipped with the necessary tools to continue providing great customer service. Again, thank you for your patience! Stay safe!
FPUA's Customer Service Lobby located at 206 S. 6th Street will remain closed until further notice. The drive-thru will remain open regular hours of Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. The Call Center can be reached at 772-466-1600, ext. 3900 Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. The outside Kiosk and the payment drop box located on the west side of the building remain available 24/7. The Kiosk accepts cash, credit/debit cards and checks. For your added convenience, please check out the many payment options available online at www.fpua.com. We encourage all customers to remain current with utility bill payments.
Florida Community Health Centers opened its first Coronavirus drive through testing center in Fort Pierce yesterday. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, you should call 772-461-1402 for screening and further instructions. Be safe and stay healthy! Click here to view the flyer from Florida Community Health Centers, Inc.
COVID-19 Update: As FPUA continues to follow its Pandemic Response Plan, we are implementing the following procedures to protect the health and safety of both our customers and staff:
Thank you for your help in keeping the possible spread of COVID-19 to a minimum.
Fort Pierce Utilities Authority (FPUA) is closely monitoring the spread and potential threat posed by Coronavirus, COVID-19. Although there have been no confirmed cases along the Treasure Coast, the most important thing for FPUA to do is plan and prepare. Our guidance for decision making is primarily the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the St. Lucie County Department of Health.
FPUA is taking the following steps to make sure that we continue to serve you and protect the health and safety of both our customers and staff. Beginning Wednesday, March 18 at 9:00 am, the Customer Service Lobby will be closed to the public. FPUA anticipates reopening the lobby after a period of two weeks, but will re-evaluate according to recommendations from the CDC and SLC Department of Health. FPUA has also decided to suspend service disconnections beginning Wednesday, March 18 and continuing until further notice. We urge all FPUA customers to continue to make regular payments to avoid creating an unmanageable past-due balance.
Connecting with FPUA Customer Service.
- There is a 24-hour Kiosk available on the west side of the building at 206 S 6th Street. The Kiosk accepts cash, credit/debit cards and check payments.
- There is a 24-Hour Drop Box located on the west side of the building at 206 S 6th Street.
- The drive-thru window will continue to be open during normal business hours (8 am to 5 pm). Typically, the drive-thru window is very busy early in the morning, so a visit late morning or early afternoon should lessen wait time.
- The Customer Service call center (772-466-1600, ext. 3900) will be open normal business hours, 9 am to 5 pm. Extra personnel will be available to answer incoming calls.
Remote Payment locations include:
- Cash Plus, 2059 S U.S. 1 (K-Mart Plaza), 772-466-8669
Monday-Saturday 10-7, Sun 11-4
- Dixon Check Cashing, 2410 Avenue D, 772-461-1010
Monday-Thursday 8-6, Friday 8-7, Saturday 8-6
- Down South Beverage & Check Cashing, 420 N U.S. 1, 772-466-8111
- Fort Pierce Discount Pharmacy, 1727 Okeechobee Road, 772-577-6469
Monday-Friday 9-6, Saturday 10-2, Closed Sunday
- Seacoast Bank (Fort Pierce Location-Current Bills Only)
Lobby Hours: Mon-Thurs 9-4, Fri 9-6, Sat 9-12
Drive-thru Hours: Mon-Wed 7:30-5, Thurs-Fri 7:30-6, Sat 9-12
- PayNearMe - Register for account set up at www.fpua.com
Click on Quick Pay link on homepage
Click on Pay with Cash and follow instructions
*Please be advised that individual business hours may be subject to change due to COVID-19.
Phone and Mobile Payment Options. We encourage you to set up an online account where registered users can access online payment services, pay bills, enroll in paperless billing, and view/update account information.
- Pay over the Internet. FPUA accepts most major credit card payments through Online Services to pay your bill online.
- Pay by Text. If you have an online account, log in and click on My Profile. Select Update Account Information and choose text notifications. Select pay by text and save a payment method.
- Pay via Auto Pay. Register online and have your utility bill payment automatically deducted from your checking account each month.
- Pay over the Phone. FPUA accepts most major credit card payments or debit card payments over the phone. This convenient option eliminates the necessity of coming to one of our locations to make payments.
While it is impossible for anyone to predict the spread of the coronavirus and fully understand its impact, FPUA will continue to focus on prevention and safety. We strongly urge you to follow all CDC and SLC
Department of Health guidelines which include the following:
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children home when they are sick.
- Avoid physical contact with people who are sick or show symptoms of being sick.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals.
- Wash hands often with soap and water - 20 seconds or longer. If you don’t have soap and water, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Dry hands with a clean towel or use a warm air hand dryer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect “high touch” surfaces often. High touch surfaces include counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tables, and bedside tables.
- Call your doctor to discuss symptoms before visiting the office.
FPUA will continue to communicate with you regularly through this website.