Skip to content

Report Power Outage

Severe weather and accidents can cause damage that can lead to power outages. If your power stays off for more than a few minutes, please contact FPUA at 466-7703. Our highly trained restoration personnel will make every effort to restore your power as quickly and safely as possible. 

If you see fallen electrical wires, assume they are dangerous and stay away!

Report Gas Leak

When used properly, natural gas is a safe and reliable fuel. But, escaping natural gas can be a sign of potential danger. Natural gas can penetrate the walls of homes or buildings that are not supplied by natural gas. It is also colorless and odorless. As a safety precaution, FPUA adds a distinctive odor to natural gas so that you can smell a leak. If you smell natural gas, leave the premises immediately. After you get to a safe location, call 911 and FPUA at 466-7703.

Safety Around Natural Gas Pipelines

The leading cause of accidents on the pipeline delivery system is hitting a line when digging or trenching. You can avoid this problem by calling an underground line locating service at 811. There’s no charge for the service, and the call is toll-free.

Signs of a Natural Gas Pipeline Leak

  • Blowing or hissing sound.
  • Dust blowing from a hole in the ground.
  • Continuous bubbling in wet or flooded areas.
  • Gaseous or hydrocarbon odor.
  • Dead or discolored vegetation in an otherwise green area.
  • Flames, if a leak has ignited.

What to Do If You Suspect a Natural Gas Pipeline Leak

  • Evacuate the area and try to prevent anyone from entering.
  • Abandon any equipment being used in or near the area.
  • Avoid any open flames.
  • Avoid introducing any sources of ignition to the area (such as cell phones, pagers, 2-way radios).
  • Do not start or turn off motor vehicles/electrical equipment. This could cause a spark.
  • Call 911 or contact local fire or law enforcement.
  • Notify FPUA. Call us at 466-7703.
  • Do not attempt to extinguish a natural gas fire.
  • Do not attempt to operate any pipeline valves.

Reporting Street Light Outages

Click Here – For detail information on Street Light Outage Reporting


Reporting Vandalism

vandalismpoleProperty that belongs to FPUA such as transformers, poles, pump stations, manholes, meters, and fire hydrants are purchased and maintained through customer rates.

If you observe any individual other than a FPUA employee making use of fire hydrants without a meter or other FPUA property, or any person causing damage to the utilities system or any FPUA property, please contact the Police Department immediately by dialing 9-1-1.

If you want to report an act of vandalism to FPUA, please call us at 772-466-1600 or submit the form below. Since we may need to get in touch with you to clarify all or part of this information, please complete the form in its entirety. If possible, please include the pole number or transformer number. See picture below for pole/transformer number.


FPUA 5-Digit Asset Number

lightpolenumberTo assist in our response time and ensure we address the exact facilities you are reporting, please include the 5-digit FPUA pole/transformer number.