FPUA is helping spread the news to all residents of St. Lucie County, including Fort Pierce, about additional CARES Act funding and assistance available through the St. Lucie County Recover St. Lucie program. Any St. Lucie County resident who has experienced economic hardship caused by the COVID-19 crisis, and earns less than 120 percent of the area median income is eligible to apply. Residents will need to provide documentation of past-due payments to support the need for assistance. This one-time assistance of up to $4,000 can be used for:
· Rental Payments
· Utility Payments
· Mortgage Payments (Primary Residence Only)
· HOA Payments (Primary Residence Only)
· Homeowners/Flood Insurance Payments (Primary Residence Only)
· Car Payments
· Car Insurance
For residents seeking assistance visit www.recoverstlucie.org for additional information, eligibility criteria, and application. If you have questions about the program, call the St. Lucie County CARES Public Information Line at 772-462-1705 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The CARES Public Information Line is open Monday - Saturday from 7:00-11:30 am and 1:00 to 7:00 pm.
This is the first phase of St. Lucie County CARES Act funding which is going directly to residents. The second phase, expected to be available later this month, will include direct payments to the business community. Additionally, a portion of the funds is available as reimbursements to local governmental agencies that spent funds on preventative measures relating to COVID-19.
FPUA Programs Available to FPUA Customers
· COVID-19 Residential Payment Program offers residential customers the opportunity to finance their balance up to 12 months to pay at zero percent (0%) interest. Please call customer service at 772-466-1600, ext. 3900. This program is available through July 24, 2020.*
· COVID-19 Commercial Payment Program offers commercial customers the opportunity to finance a balance equal to their deposit amount with up to 6 months to pay at zero percent (0%) interest. Please call customer service at 772-466-1600, ext. 3900. This program is available until July 24, 2020.*
· Project Care COVID-19 Relief Fund is available to residential customers experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic. Please contact Mustard Seed Ministries of Fort Pierce at 772-465-6021 or the ALPI (Agricultural & Labor Program, Inc.) appointment line at 844-356-8138. Eligibility requirements apply.
*Service disconnects for non-payment will resume on Monday, July 27, 2020.
Connecting with FPUA Customer Service
· The Customer Service call center (772-466-1600, ext. 3900) is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. We urge customers with a past-due balance to call and set up payment arrangements to avoid assessment of late fees and disconnection of services.
· The drive-thru window will be open extended hours from 7:30 am-5:00 pm. The drive-thru is typically very busy in the morning, visit late morning or early afternoon to shorten wait times.
· The 24-hour Kiosk is available on the west side of the building at 206 S 6th Street and accepts cash, credit/debit cards, and check payments.
· Please call 772-466-1600, extension 3900 if you prefer to set up an Individual appointment with a customer service representative.
Alternative Payment Options*
Please visit www.fpua.com for information on:
· Remote Payment Locations
· PayNearMe Locations
· Phone Payment Options, including by text
· Mobile Payment Options, including internet and auto pay
FPUA will continue to communicate regularly through this website, Facebook (www.facebook.com/teamFPUA), and news releases. FPUA is proud to serve you, as we face this challenge together.