Fort Pierce Utilities Authority (FPUA) was recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in St. Lucie County at the 18th Annual St. Lucie County “Best Places to Work” Awards Ceremony. This is the second consecutive year FPUA has been awarded this honor. John Tompeck, Director of Utilities and Lois Wolfe, Human Resources Manager accepted the award at the ceremony hosted by the St. Lucie County Human Resources Association and Personnel Dynamics Consulting of Fort Pierce. The award will be presented to the FPUA Board of Directors at their November 5th board meeting.
“Being a best place to work is an evolutionary process. We strive to make FPUA a great working environment for our employees and a company that will continue to attract the top talent in the area,” said John Tompeck, Director of Utilities. “We appreciate the recognition from the St. Lucie County Human Resource Association for this award.”
The St. Lucie County Human Resource Association commissioned Personnel Dynamics Consulting of Fort Pierce to calculate turnover rates, growth percentages, employee development spending, promotion percentages, insurance packages and retirement plan participation. Forty survey questions related to 37 different measurement criteria were used to determine St. Lucie County’s Best Places to Work.
FPUA was one of only five companies awarded this honor in the Large Employer category (over 200 employees). With 265 employees, FPUA was highlighted for the following accomplishments:
- 5.3% Employee Turnover Rate (Survey Average: 15.7%)
- 11% Promotion Rate (Survey Average: 7.5%)
- Averaged $1,746 per employee spent on Training and Development (Survey Average: $1,198)
- 97% of the employees are enrolled in the health insurance plan (Survey Average: 79%)
- 35 Paid Days Off after one year of employment
- 100% of the employees participated in Voluntary Retirement program. (Survey Average: 66%)
- Wellness Committee, comprised of staff from all areas of the organization, plan and manage all wellness activities and serve as wellness champions for the organization. Wellness program focuses on maintaining a healthy lifestyle and offers incentives such as time-off and gifts to reward participation and commitment to making healthy choices.
- Free care at urgent care clinics
- Generous payout of unused sick time when retiring or leaving the company
Visit online at www.FPUA.com to learn about FPUA, employment opportunities and benefits.